Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trayvon Martin

Wikipedia: Shooting of Trayvon Martin

Huffington Post: The Trayvon Martin Tragedy

THIS is why racism's not dead. From everything I read, Trayvon Martin, a black teenager, walked thru a neighborhood unarmed in Sanford, FL. He committed the crime of Walking While Black. George Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch captain, security guard, white Hispanic, and racist idiot, killed him for looking "suspicious". He broke all the Neighborhood Watch rules. The Sanford police department didn't arrest or charge Zimmerman because of a stupid Florida law about self-defense. So, Martin's family took this to court. I hope they arrest Zimmerman. I hope they kick his ass. I hope they throw him in jail.

I had two dentist's appointments a few weeks ago. There was an hour between them and they told me I could run some errands. There's a bank a half mile away, so I walked to the bank and back. I'm white so nobody thought I was gonna shoot up the neighborhood. If I was black I wouldn't have that luxury. People assume if you're black and walking on a sidewalk, you must be a criminal. They don't say that if you're white.

Also interesting when it's one minority against another.

Dunno if this petition will do anything, but I signed it. Which means I'll get way more email.

1 comment:

  1. I need to write a sequel to this post... I banged this out in 15 minutes right after I heard about it. I still agree with most of what I wrote, but it's turned into a media circus. It didn't unite people of different races, it just showed how split we all are. Nothing good has come out of this.

    ReplyDelete